The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media

The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media

The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media

If you haven’t already realized, your business NEEDS to be on social media. We live in the digital age and that means your business needs to stay up with the times and using social media to reach your customers is vital to your business’ success. But using social media as an individual versus a brand is a completely different experience. As a brand, there are certain rules and guidelines you should follow so to get the response from your consumers and potential customers or else you’re just wasting time and effort. Here are some essential Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to social media for brands:

Do’s

  1. Know Your Customer Base

In order to get the most from your social media efforts, you have to know who your customers are so that you can tailor your social media posts to reflect their personal tastes. Really, your customers don’t care about you, but care more about what you can do for them and how you can heighten their online experience. By knowing exactly who your customers are, you’ll be able to create content that they can relate to and will want to engage in. It’s best if you follow the 80/20 rule, which is 80% of what you post should be relevant to them and then the other 20% is about your brand and what you sell/provide.

 

  1. Find The Right Balance

Believe it or not, you can post way too much on social media. You don’t want to spam your audience and instead give them just the right amount of posts where they’re still interested in what you have to say. You have to find a right balance for posting so that you can keep them interested.

 

  1. Timing Does Matter

Although you might think that posting at random times doesn’t really affect your social media campaigns, it really does. Use analytics to find out when your various followers are most active on that social media network to post your info then do get the post eyes.

 

  1. Create a calendar

To help you organize everything, it’s best that you create a social media calendar so that you can schedule all your posts and messages in one place. This way, you’re not flying by the seat of your pants and have a plan on how to reach your customers.

 

Don’ts

  1. Neglect Your Networks

Having a business is time consuming and you have so much to do, but don’t forget about your social media efforts. Don’t neglect your social media and make sure that you are posting often.

 

  1. Be Post Spam

Spam is the worst on social media, so make sure you stay away from doing it. Post often, but post content that your audience values. You don’t want to annoy your followers because then they’re going to unfollow you and you’ll be left with a minimal following that doesn’t care about your brand, service or product.

 

  1. Forget About Who Your Audience Is

Always know who your audience is so that you can post relevant information to them. You want your followers to engage with you so keep in mind who they are and make sure you are feeding them what they want so that they are interested in what you have to say.

 

  1. Lose Touch

Stay away from too much automation. You don’t want to lose that personal touch you have with y our followers so make sure that you humanize your brand so that you don’t end up like a robot.

 


About The Author

As an experiential marketing and event staffing agency, Chicks in Your Shirt knows the ins and outs of how to get your brand heard and seen through all the noise from competitors and other brands. We specialize in providing your company or event exceptional brand ambassadors and promotional models to help spread awareness about your company at trade shows, sporting events and any marketing campaigns or initiatives. With talent located nationally, we can handle projects and clients from all industries and sizes – there are no limits to what our staff can do for your campaign.